12 December 2010

Examination of me

I  must learn to love the fool in me, the one who feels too much, talks too much, gets angry, takes too many chances, wins sometimes and loses often, lacks self-control, loves hard and hates harder, hurts and gets hurt, worries and frets, stays up way too late, grinds her teeth, gets loud, goes mute, puts up walls, walks away, tries too hard, promises and breaks promises, laughs, curses, screams, withdraws and cries.

I must learn to love the pain in me, that stuff that shows me that life isn’t an easy ride..that when I fall down, it’s okay to lay there for a bit..but know that I must get up, that it’s alright to feel..because if there is no feeling..there is no life.

I must learn to love the impatient me..because all good things come to those who wait..and even though the anticipation is a monster..once I get it in my hands..how happy would I be? I would reap the harvest of my fortitude..and I would eat the fruit of my labor.

I must learn to love the me that isn’t pretty..because that teaches me that there is more to me that meets the eye..and inside of me is gorgeous. Inside is where my true beauty lies..even though I don’t see it outwardly.

I must learn to love all of me, for better or for worse. I know that I am a work in progress.I  know that I am not perfect.I know that I can be a bit much to handle. But I also know and understand that I am still learning..and still evolving.

No comments:

Post a Comment