05 December 2010

Been a minute..and yes, this is a drunk post.

I know I've not been here for a bit, I suppose life got to me. I was just delving into the depths of depression. I do suffer from it from time to time, so I figured I'd write a bit. Again, these are ramblings.

I really shouldn't even been trying to type right now..I drank half a bottle of Pinot Grigio and I'm a bit tipsy. I did my daughter's hair, some laundry, and talked to the boyfriend, so I sat down and started to write.

I have been a bit blue lately..things haven't been so great in my life lately. I never once claimed to be this balling out of control woman, with oodles of money to throw about. Hell, my credit sucks. I was thinking that instead of me sitting here crying about it, I need to fix it.

*sidebar* Damn, I want some Chipotle..

I was considering going back to school..and I am going to. I am sick of making excuses. I am determined to finish. I am at the point in my life where I have nothing holding me back from my dreams. My kids are older, I have freedom, and I am going to proceed to where my zenith is. I am happy with my decision.

Hang on...my eyes are crossing. I am well knackered..

Yeah so I'm sitting here waiting for my clothes to dry. I swear I don't want to go to work tomorrow.  I really don't..blah. Anyway, I have been so fascinated by New Orleans. I am dying to go there, just to see the cemeteries and the voodoo queens. I need to buy some products and enjoy the heat. I was reading about the segregated cemeteries and how they really didn't even try to conceal the fact that the black area of the graveyard was poor and unkempt as compared to the white section. I know the Jim Crow era was deep in the south but reading it today sort of have me gobsmacked. I was shocked. I was reading this site..

http://www.nolacemeteries.com/

and I found it so interesting that I've been there for hours. Lots of pictures of tombs and stories about the graveyards are there, and its a whole lot to poke through. I've also been reading a lot of Poppy Z. Brite stuff lately and her stories have renewed an interest in Louisiana tenfold.
 Okay, enough of this..later.

No comments:

Post a Comment