24 November 2010

Poetry Onslaught

"Who Am I?'
 
Why is it that my pain outweighs my pleasures?
And tears are the only precipitation I see?
Given that I am all woman I should be happier
Within me..
I tend to go inward..seeking comfort in my own
Head..and I dance alone to my own songs..
Singing along the roadways of my neurons..

Who am I?

I think of my people, and why I drift along
Here but not really, there but just barely..
And my cries go unheard.
They tend to get louder with time..and who
Even cares about me?

I’ve learned that the only one who gives a damn is me
And isn’t that how it should be? I can count on both hands
How much life has ruled against me..in succession..and my rants
Grew even more spririted..because I want what I want..
But who am I to get it?

But that all comes in the hell of being me..
Hell because it never ends..
Like trying to get marble to bend..
Hell because it hurts..like having your hands
Crushed into car doors repeatedly..
Hell like hearing malicious laughter
Roaring in by the thousands..
And for the life of me I can’t admit defeat..
For I may be lots of things, but a coward isn’t one
And I damn sure have never been weak..
Giving that I am noble in my steps..and I carry my pain
On my back by the ton..
i still stride on with
A goddess’s gait..
And I lean against the winds that try to hold me back..
Oh please..look at me, trying to wrestle with fate..
Screaming at the night sky with fire in my eyes
Hair flying in the aftermath of another destructive day
And no one hears my cries..
pain ripping at my guts
Bleedling profusely from the mouth
As I race for yet another door which
Promptly slams shut..
Raging inwardly because
It
Just
Isn’t
Fair
Exhausting from fighting demons
Ravenous for justice to prevail
Begging for a taste of happiness..
But getting choke slammed to the ground
Hearing my ancestors wail..
And after all that is said and done..
The land remains silent..
as far as the eye can see
and yet again, I left standing
alone..
Because, I need to know..who am I?

(c) J.E Nov 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment