30 March 2012

Let's talk Miyavi

This is my section that I call "J Rock Infected." Those who know me, know that I have a passion for Japan and Japanese music. My tastes run from J rock, to J hip hop, and my all time favorite, Visual Kei!

I wanted to get into Miyavi.

Miyavi is really Takamasa Ishihara (石原 貴雅 Ishihara Takamasa, born September 14, 1981) who is a Japanese visual kei musician. His work as guitarist for Due le Quartz and his successful solo career has really established him as an accomplished musician in the Japanese music scene. Miyavi calls himself the "Samurai Guitarist." His playing style is unique, as he does all sorts of tricks and slap picking on top of his jumping about and smiling as he plays.His mother is Japanese and his father is Korean. He is also 6'1. He came to the US to learn English and is married and has two daughters.He currently resides in Japan. 

(Yeah, I have a slight crush on him..I know..hush.) Right now he is touring and comes to the States regularly. 

A few more pictures of him and two videos:"Selfish Love" and "Survive" which are my favorite songs of his..oh, and "Torture." Enjoy.


I hope you enjoyed the first installment of "J Rock Infected!" Sayonara!

No comments:

Post a Comment